Saturday, May 5, 2012

Stinko de Mayo 2011

Last May 5th didn't just stink...it sucked.  In a big way.

All was right with my world when I left work.  A matter of moments later, nothing was right.  I'll never forget walking into my living room to see my parents at my house. 

"I have cancer." 

What the hell?!  Mom was supposed to get the staples out from her gallbladder surgery.  Simple. 

Only not.

My world came crashing down around me as I fell to my knees next to my mom.  It made absolutely no sense.  Of course, my question was what type of cancer.  Gallbladder.  At the risk of repeating myself...what the hell?! 

It's year later now.  And, things are right again.  Last year at this time, we didn't know if we'd celebrate Christmas together as a family again.  This year, Mom is cancer-free.  I'll tell more about the journey in the days and weeks to come.

But tonight, on Cinco de Mayo, I'll end with one powerful thought...GOD IS GOOD!

And one powerful picture.  I took this less than an hour ago.  During our journey, God gave us many signs of hope.  Tonight, another one...

No comments: