Sunday, September 21, 2008

Downsizing My Closet

I've spent the last couple days going through my oversized closet. Not only is the closet oversized but so are the clothes in it. The good news is, some of the clothes are now too big. YEAH! So, I'm downsizing.

I should have done it twenty pounds and a dozen trips to the mall ago. The only reason I'm doing it now is because my neighborhood is having its Fall garage sale in a couple weeks. In my neighborhood, that's a big deal. We can't just have a garage sale...we can only have one when the neighborhood association decides we can. Part of the covenants. (Don't get me started!)

I've been trying on clothes am tickled to find how many zippers zip without a struggle now. I'll have to remember that when I'm kicking and cursing as I head out to the gym. I'll still kick and curse, just not quite as loud or for quite as long. The scale hasn't been moving as much as I'd like but today showed me progress in other ways.

I'm still a long way from the point of "rightsizing" my closet but as long as the downsizing keeps happening, I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing.

In the meantime, I've got a lot of stuff to go through in the next couple weeks. Ugh! Is there anything worse than having a garage sale? (I know the answer to that...yes, having it on a weekend not of your choosing! Don't get me started!!)

No comments: