Monday, October 13, 2008

Hoop-Dee-Do!

After being stuck forever (at least it seemed like forever) at the same number on the scale, the darn thing is finally down FIVE pounds. Five! 5!!! WOOHOO!!!!

That loss didn't come without a new, old trick. I got out my hula hoop. Or, more correctly, I took it off the hook on the garage wall. I've spent as much time bending over and picking the plastic ring up off the floor as I have spent spinning it around my ample hips. But I'm not complaining! It did the trick. It got me headed downward again.

I have a history with hula hoops. I learned the benefits of hula hooping years ago when I was stuck at a plateau. I'd lost a lot of weight but was stuck then, too. I don't know what made me do it but I picked up a hula hoop one day. It did the trick back then just like it did this time. I guess that's why I've always had a hula hoop hanging around all these years. The thing is, it doesn't do a darn thing hanging on the garage wall. It sure does the trick running circles around my waist though!

How 'bout you? What's worked for you in the past? More importantly, what FUN thing has worked in the past?

No comments: