Thursday, October 2, 2008

On The Level

I'm stuck. The scale hasn't moved in two weeks. I'm not a happy plateau camper, either. Smooth and level is boring for me. When I'm bored, I get in trouble...usually in the form of double pepperoni and extra cheese. That's a sure plateau breaker!

I've added exercise. I've stopped exercise. I've eaten more kiwis. I've eaten less kiwis. I've sucked down water like I live in the desert. I've done everything but stand on my head. The thing that has me most frustrated was that I was editing my memoir last night and realized that this is FAR from my longest plateau. I could be stuck at this weight for weeks. WEEKS! I think I must have lost my patience along with the all the weight I lost several years ago because I don't think I'm up for several weeks without the scale moving.

I keep reminding myself that, yes, the smaller clothes are fitting...but I can't help it, I want the freakin' scale to move! No matter what anyone says, it is a numbers game in the end.

I guess as bad as a plateau is it could be worse...I could be heading back up the scale. UGH! I don't even want to go there. I'd rather stay on the level. Boring can be good!

Excuse me. I'm going to go stand on my head for a while and think about that.

No comments: