Thursday, December 4, 2008

One Too Many for This Gal!

By now, you've probably seen the ad on TV for "fourth meal". I nearly spilled my Diet Pepsi when I saw the ad the first time. Have we really come to the point where we are eating an actual FOURTH MEAL?! Holy crap, Fatman!

Most folks snack during the evening. Heck, that's one of the ways I managed to pick up all this extra weight again. But I can honestly say that I have never gone out to a restaurant and eaten a fourth meal during the day. Nor have I ever made a fourth meal at home. Have I grazed enough to pack in enough calories to equal that of a meal? I'm sure I have. But if I ate everything in my house, I couldn't get all the fat grams that I'd get in one meal in a fast-food restaurant. (I know, calories are calories in the end!)

I think there needs to be some truth in advertising here. If a restaurant is going to advocate going out for a fourth meal, they should have the folks in the ads look like people who eat four meals a day - not like people who don't even finish their first meal of the day. There should be a group of pre-Subway Jared size people eating their taco and nacho fourth meal.

So, how 'bout it? I'm taking a pledge to pass on "fourth meal" - and to get serious about limiting my evening snacks so that the calories don't even add up to a quarter of a fourth meal. What about you?

No comments: