Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Losers

It's taken me all season to figure out who I'm rooting for on this go 'round of Biggest Loser. There were probably more hard-to-like (on TV, anyway) folks offering themselves up for abuse this time than in any other season.

I've decided that either Danny or Allen would be excellent winners...er, losers...er, you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong, I wish them all success. But these guys are the ones who I've come to respect and like.

Did you see last night's show? Now, I've never been a huge fan of Shay's but she absolutely deserved to stay. I was SO hoping for Amanda and Rebbecca to be packing their bags. After Tracey, they were next on my oh-God-get-them-out-of-there list.

On a side note, here I was all braggy yesterday about losing 5% of my weight in 7 weeks. Then last night, a couple of the Losers lost MORE than that in one week! And to add insult to injury, there were a couple more in the 4% range. Of course, I've had a life, eaten healthy and exercised a reasonable amount of time during that period. They, on the other hand, have absolutely abused their body.

And speaking of abuse...did you catch Shay on Jay Leno's show? Didn't you just want to SCREAM when she said the exercises 4 hours a day during the week and 6 to 7 hours a day on the weekend?! What a screwed up life. And, what a way to set yourself up for weight gain in the future.

I definitely have a love/hate relationship with Biggest Loser. It's like a car wreck. You don't want to look but you do. I can hear the wheels screeching every week. I just hope that the resulting crash that they will find themselves in eventually doesn't kill 'em.

(btw - is this the season for hard-to-like folks on TV? Have you seen Next Iron Chef? Need I say more?)

No comments: