Monday, November 9, 2009

What's The Point?

Success! That's the point!!

Okay gang, I've done Weight Watchers so many times that I've lost count. The only thing that has ever really worked for me (in the weight-loss world) is Richard Simmon's Deal-A-Meal. You know, those little playing cards with food exchanges on them. See, the beauty of them is that they don't include stuff like, oh, jelly beans.

The first time - or first dozen times - I did WW and cheerfully counted my Points, I had this nifty little book that told me 25 jelly beans was 3 points. And, that better yet, 22 Gummi bears was 3 points. (So what's the deal with 12 Dots = a WHOLE box of Good & Plenty???!!!...3 points, btw, if you're interested.) Seriously. SIX pages of candy and their Points values.

Let's see...I could have 8 oz of cranberry juice (something good for me) or a WHOLE box of Good & Plenty for the same number of Points. Well, needless to say, I chose the Good & Plenty. (A WHOLE freakin' box!!!! Helluva trade off if you ask me.)

SO...seven weeks ago, I decided to join WW...again. BUT, I decided to use the Deal-A-Meal logic. And guess what? In seven short weeks, I've lost 5% of my body weight. In fact, when I weighed yesterday, I blew past the 5% mark. (3.8 pounds last week! Woohoo!!) Now, you don't need to know what 5% translates to on the scale...but, it's a big number.

So what's the point? The point is to do what works. Deal-A-Meal works for me...but I have to be accountable to someone. Translated: I have to pay someone to weigh me. Enter WW.

NO jelly beans or Gummi bears or Good & Plenty for this gal. I'd rather eat the fruit that I can or drink the milk for the same amount of Points. Click. Soooo making a point of successful weight loss again!

Hang with me. 10% isn't very far away!

No comments: