Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Book It Tuesday - Fannie Flaggs' new novel

Tuesday's are going to be "Book It Tuesday" from now on. Another one of my resolutions for this year is to read more. One book down, many more to go over the next 51 weeks.

I just finished reading I Still Dream About You by Fannie Flagg. EXCELLENT!! I like to laugh when I read. And, I enjoy a good mystery. Laugh I did while reading this funny novel that mixes a bit of mystery with quirky characters (some of whom, I sure I know), love (lost and found), and thought-provoking wisdom.

Ms. Flagg rocks with her guaranteed surprises.

So, what happens when a former Miss Alabama end up selling real estate? Well, one thing is for sure, there are sure to be some skeletons in the closet. We should all be so lucky to have friends like Brenda, Ethel and Hazel in our lives. And, we all know someone like Babs "the beast of Birmingham" Bingington.

Oh yeah, and haven't we all been caught doing something we're not too proud of? You know, like having our weight loss sponsor finding us in the Krispy Kreme donut shop? (C'mon, you know you have!)

Do yourself a favor, get lost in this funny, southern belle of a book. It will be time well-spent!

For more info, click here: I Still Dream About You

No comments: