Saturday, January 15, 2011

Jacked Weigh Up

Have you seen the commercials for the "Jumbo Deal on a Big Meal" at Jack in the Box? For $3.99 you can get Jacked weigh up!!

Now, some of you read my post many months ago about Taco Bell's "Fourth Meal". I was left speechless when I first heard those ads. This new offering by Jack made me sit down and look it up online to make sure I'd actually heard what I'd heard and had seen what I'd seen.

For $3.99 you can get a Jumbo Jack hamburger, 2 tacos, a small order of fries and a small soft drink. I gotta tell you, never once have I headed towards a fast-food place thinking "man, if I could only get a couple tacos with my hamburger and fries, I would be so much more satisfied".

I did the math using the Jack in the Box website. Jumbo Jack hamburger - 499 calories, 27 grams of fat. One taco - 194 calories, 11 grams of fat...times two = 388 calories, 22 grams of fat. Small fries - 333 calories, 15 grams of fat. Small non-diet drink - 227 calories. (Since when is a small drink 20 ounces?!) Add it all up...1447 calories, 64 grams of fat. Opt for the diet drink and you drop down to a "mere" 1220 calories. Still with 64 grams of fat.

I'm not sure how many calories Tums or Rolaids have but you would probably have to toss a few of those in for dessert.

Are you kidding me?

I always refer to Jack in the Box as "the big-headed guy". Eat that meal and you'll be the big-butted customer. Maybe - maybe - if you're going to feed a family of 3 with this meal, I could see someone purchasing it. A burger for the adult. A taco for each of the kids. Split the fries for a greasy side treat. But, my guess is that the majority of folks who purchase this have no intent of sharing.

OMG! The next commercial for this place better be set to Jack singing "I like big butts and I cannot lie".

Weigh too much in this meal for any of us!

No comments: