Saturday, January 1, 2011

Blank!

It's January 1st and we've all just been handed a blank book with 365 pages. Isn't that exciting? We get to write our story for another new year.

Each page - each day - is ours to make of it whatever we want. We can choose the story. It is ours to create. Sure, stuff happens that we might not like and, unfortunately, send our story in a direction we hadn't anticipated. But, what is important on our page of the day is the way we choose to react to things beyond our control.

So, have you made any resolutions? Have you chosen a new habit to replace one you'd like to change? (That's the key to success, you know.)

I have a few resolutions. One of the most important is to end each page - each day - with a thought that reads "I'm glad I did" instead of "I wish I hadn't".

I'll share my other resolutions over the next several days. But I'll end here by saying...

"I'm glad I posted an entry today. I love writing and it's high time that I make it a priority in my life again." (Oops! Did I just give you another one of my resolutions?)

Happy New Year, everyone. Now, go write a good tale!

No comments: